wwe logo
Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images

Longtime WWE Talent Signs New Contract

A longtime WWE talent has announced that she’s signed a new multi-year deal with the company.

Legendary WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia has had multiple runs with WWE from 1999 to today, and she recently took to her Instagram account to announce that she has signed a new two-year contract with the company.

“Exactly 1 year ago today, I returned to my home – the @wwe. What an incredible year it has been being able to announce shows on Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Saturday Nights Main Event & Worlds Collide! In fact, being able to continue to also sing and now announce in Spanish has been such an added treat!!”

“This post is to all of you who have been with me from the beginning and continue to support me! The love you gave me last night on Raw filled my soul!”

“Which is why I am so excited to announce that just yesterday, I signed on for another TWO YEARS with WWE!!!! ? When I say “I’ll Be Ur Girl Til The End Of The World.” I mean it!”

“Love you all and can’t wait to continue riding this journey with you! See you next at Saturday Night’s Main Event – November 1st in Salt Lake City, UT! Let’s goooooo!!! ??”

Lilian Garcia Was Originally Told Her WWE Return Last Year Was Just Temporary

Lilian Garcia returned to WWE on the May 13, 2024, episode of Raw, where former ring announcer Samantha Irvin asked her to announce the King of the Ring quarter-final match between Gunther and Kofi Kingston.

She then made sporadic appearances on WWE television until she signed a full-time contract with the company in October 2024 following Samantha Irvin’s exit.

However, Lilian Garcia revealed during an interview with Chris Van Vliet that WWE officials had originally told her that her return was only temporary.

“The thing is, I knew. I knew. When they offered it to me to come back, they did tell me, ‘Hey, this isn’t like for permanent announcing for Raw or SmackDown. We just really need you right now. We are… This is a new era. We want to be completely upfront with you,’ which I really appreciated.

“And I said, ‘Look, whatever you guys need. I never thought I was going to be back. And whatever you need. I love this business. I love the people I work with.’ And so, I’m like, ‘I’m excited.’ And so, when they brought me back, I knew that Raw was going to be until the changeover on January 6 for Netflix. That I knew. And they were like, ‘Okay, now we are going to put you on SmackDown. And we don’t know how long.'”

READ MORE: Sol Ruca To Address Injury Status On WWE NXT

TRENDING

X