John Cena might have hinted at competing against a major WWE star on his retirement tour.
WWE has already announced that Cena will wrestle his last match at Saturday Night’s Main Event on December 13, 2025, at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC. While Gunther is rumored to be his final opponent, Cena might have teased another name he’d like to see one more time.
Recently, the 17x World Champion posted a photo of The Miz on his official Instagram account. Cena often shares cryptic, captionless posts on his Instagram account, and the A-Lister’s photo also appeared without any explanation.
Since then, major speculation has grown that John Cena could be hinting at The Miz as his final opponent. The Miz’s recent interview with The Schmo has further fueled these rumors. Here, the former IC Champion expressed frustration that fans keep asking for an AJ Styles vs Cena match instead of a Miz vs Cena.
“It pisses me off as a WWE Superstar because I feel like I have had a big rivalry with Cena, I’ve had multiple WrestleManias with John Cena,” The Miz said. “And yet the fans aren’t sitting there saying, ‘Hey, we want The Miz vs John Cena.’ They’re saying, ‘We want AJ Styles vs John Cena.’”
However, it’s worth noting that today, October 8, 2025, is The Miz’s birthday. So, it’s probable that Cena was also wishing him well. Still, Cena has once said that it’s up to the audience to interpret his cryptic posts how they see fit.
Besides this, John Cena feels that The Miz is one of the most underrated WWE stars of all time. He has praised the A-Lister, but it remains to be seen if Cena vs Miz unfolds in his final run.
Read More: The Miz: I Want To Work With John Cena One More Time
